Wednesday, May 16, 2012

2 Timothy 1:7 - WAW #28

I am truly enjoying my month as a Guest Designer for Word Art Wednesday.  I'm so glad this month has 5 Wednesdays so that I get to play a little longer.  :)

This week our Scripture verse is 2 Timothy 1:7 which states, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  This verse encourages me that the Lord doesn't want me to be fearful.  Instead He wants me to be strong in Him, to be loving and to be thinking clearly.  So when I find myself fretting and fearful about a certain situation, I know it's Satan trying to get my eyes off the Lord and to discourage me.








After coloring my bird with copics (I make no pretense to be color accurate in my coloring of birds and flowers), I colored a 2nd set of the flowers and fussy cut them.  I then popped up the flowers in front of the bird on pop dots for some added dimension.  You can see this a little better in the picture below.





Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific, Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  Prima (madeline)
Stamps:  WAW 5-15-12, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Bluebird digi)
Inks:  ColorBox Fluid Chalk
Embellishments/Tools:  Ribbon (Offray), rhinestones (Best Occasions), Stickles (yellow), Copics, Spellbinders Nestabilities (Circles large and small; Labels 4 and Labels 4 small), Sakura Clear Star pen

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Scripture Thursday - Use Scripture
Mojo Monday 241 - Sketch
Stampin Sisters in Christ #139 - Use a bird, bug or animals
Paper Sundaes #120 - Things with wings
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge #39 (PPMC39) - Glitter (I used a glitter pen on the flowers and stickles for the flower centers. I also used a dot of glitter pen on the bird's eye)
Papertake Weekly - In the garden

I hope you'll come along and play with us this week at Word Art Wednesday.  Don't forget to stop by and pick up your free Scripture digi.  To play along, you may use the freebie or another other Scripture you're using on your project.

Thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Stephanie, Congratulations again for being a guest designer for Word Art Wednesday. This card is absolutely beautiful. It's obvious you put a lot of care and thought into it. There are so many verses that remind us not to be afraid. Thanks for portraying this one in such an important way. ~ Abby

Diane Noble said...

Stephanie, this is a gorgeous card. I love your image, the 3-D effects and layout is just beautiful. Thank you for joining us on the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week. We appreciate your support. Blessings on your week.

Angie said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Wendy Swenne said...

So great to have you on the team for a month!

Love this card. Love the colors, they really make me happy. Specially on a drooly day here in Holland.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Wendy

Candace said...

Stephanie, this card is gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! Hugs! :)

Gemiel said...

What a beautiful card !!!! The coloring is fantastic. I'm glad there are 5 Wednesday's in this month too. You make such beautiful cards with the word art.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...