Thursday, May 17, 2012

Graduation Cards

This is college graduation month here at our house.  I can't believe I forgot to get pictures of the card I made for her.  *grrr*  However, I did get pics of the cards I made for her boyfriend and a couple more of her friends.




I found this great card and this great card on SCS and totally cased them to make these cards.  You can find a tutorial on You Tube by searching for "Graduation Fun Fold Card."  I made my tassels from DMC floss to match the tassels the recipients would have on their grad caps. {I'm not sure if all colleges do this but our daughter's college has different colored tassels for different degrees/majors.}



On the inside, I designed a panel using the school logo and "Class of 2012."  For the bottom part of the card, I heat embossed the sentiment in the point and the "Congratulations" at the bottom.  These cards will fit inside an A2 envelope. 

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections, Georgia Pacific
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy (Shining Light), Inkadinkado (Congratulations)
Embellishments:  DMC Floss, Stampendous Embossing Powder (Midnight Black), Brads (Making Memories)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks #90 - Graduation
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge #206 (PWC206) - Graduation

Can you believe it's my third post this week?!  Amazing huh?  Stop by tomorrow for one more! 

I'll close with a pic of my favorite member of the Class of 2012 and her big brother.  :)


7 comments:

Leanne said...

Awesome card, thanks for playing our Grad challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks....awesome!

Leanne DT 4CC!

Anonymous said...

I loved my card; it was awesome. Thanks! :)

Natalie said...

These are so nice, Stephanie. Very special and what a nice keepsake the way you've finished off the inside! God bless!

Lori Turner said...

Love this graduation card!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Anonymous said...

What clever graduation cards these are! You have me wishing I knew someone who was graduating just so I could try one -- hee hee! Love how you personalized them with the differently colored tassels. Congrats to your daughter!

Tamie said...

Congratulations on it being college graduations. I absolutely love what you have made. It is fabulous inspiration and truly not something I would come up with. That is why I love our challenge and blogger land. Amazing colors and wonderful creations, thanks so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

zerry ht said...

Wow, this is so beautiful Graduation Card. I am just in love with this creative card. We also have to throw a graduation bash for our daughter so this card idea would be perfect for her. I am going to book her favorite event space Chicago for her party. If you have any décor ideas too, please let me know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...